Monday, September 8, 2008

Motivation

Why am I here? To Learn. Fortunately for me - unlike conventional students who are young on life expereince - I've had plenty and know the value of education both in and out of a classroom. The degree to me isn't the main thing - although it will give me a sense of accomplishment - but what I can take from this learning experience out into my classroom as a teacher.

What motivates me? - knowing I can succeed and do well. If the task is something that doesn't interest me or I know I won't be the best at it - then I go onto something I can do well. That doesn't mean I don't try new things but they need to be in an area that interests and challenges me and that can be functional for my life.

Why do you succeed? Hard work and enthusiasm for what I'm doing.
Why do you fail? Usually its lack of motivation. I don't fail very often. :)

How do you need to change your perspecive and / or motivations in order to succeed in the secondary education program and become a GREAT!!!! teacher???
I think I'm on the right track.

2 comments:

ProfCox said...

I love your attitude toward this program. I know it can be tough for you sometimes, but I am really so excited to have you in class again!

garnergab said...

Thanks! I'm happy to be here :)